This article will tell you about the 10 greatest players in Arsenal history
Arsenal is one of the most successful and iconic clubs in English football history. Founded in 1886, the club has won a numerous of titles, including:
- 13 league titles
- 14 FA Cups
- 2 League Cups
They have won a record number of FA Community Shields. The club has also been successful in European competitions, winning the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup in 1994 and reaching the UEFA Champions League Final in 2006.
Throughout its history, Arsenal has had some of the greatest players to ever grace a football pitch. From Thierry Henry to Patrick Vieira, Arsenal have had some of the best players to ever play for them.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 greatest players in Arsenal’s history.
Arguably one of the greatest strikers to ever play for Arsenal, Thierry Henry joined the club from Juventus in 1999. He quickly established himself as one of the best players in Europe.
He scored an incredible 174 goals for Arsenal during his time at the club. He recorded some great achievements to his name, including:
- 2x Premier League title (2002 and 2004)
- 2x Footballer of the Year (2002 and 2004)
- PFA Team of the Year (2002-2004)
- FWA Team of the Year (2003-2005)
Dennis Bergkamp is widely regarded as one of the greatest players to ever play for Arsenal. He scored 120 goals during his time at Arsenal and was part of three Premier League title-winning sides (1998, 2002 and 2004).
He was also named Footballer of the Year twice (1998 and 2002) as well as being voted into both PFA Team of the Year (1998-2000) and FWA Team of the Year (1998-2001).
Tony Adams joined the Gunners as a schoolboy in 1980 before going on to make 669 appearances for them over 19 years. During that time he won:
- 4 League titles (1989, 1991, 1998 & 2002)
- 3 FA Cups (1993, 1998 & 2002)
- 2 Footballer Of The Year (1988 & 1998)
- PFA Team Of The Year (1988-1992 & 1997-1999)
- FWA Team Of The Year (1988-1992 & 1997-1999)
Patrick Vieira was one of Arsene Wenger’s first signings when he took over at Arsenal in 1996. He quickly established himself as one of Europe’s best midfielders during his nine years at Highbury Stadium.
During his time at Arsenal, he won:
- 3 Premier League titles (1998, 2002 & 2004)
- 4 FA Cups (1998–99; 2001–02; 2002–03; 2004–05)
- 2 Footballer Of The Year (1999 & 2001)
- 4 PFA Team Of The Year (1999–2003)
- 5 FWA Team Of The Year (1999–2004)
Ian Wright was one of England’s most prolific strikers during his time at Highbury Stadium between 1991-98. He scored 185 goals for Arsenal during that period which included:
- 2 Premier League titles (1991 & 1998)
- 2 FA Cups(1993 & 1998)
- 1 Footballer Of The Year (1996)
- 3 PFA Team Of The Year (1992–94)
- 4 FWA team Of The Year(1992–95)
David Seaman was one of England’s most reliable goalkeepers throughout his career. He joined Arsenal from QPR in 1990 before going on to make 344 appearances over 13 years with them winning:
- 3 Premier League titles (1991,1998, 2002)
- 4 FA cups (1993; 1998; 2002; 2003)
- 2 League Cups (1987; 1993)
- Goalkeeper Of The year (1995)
- 5 PFA Team Of The year (Between 1992–96 & 2000–01 )
- 6 FWA Team Of The year (Between 1992–97& 2000–01 )
Robert Pires was a key member of Arsene Wenger’s ‘Invincibles’ side. He joined the Gunners from Marseille in 2000 before going on to make 284 appearances over six years.
During his time at the club, he won:
- 2 Premier League titles (2002 & 2004)
- 3 FA cups (2002; 2003 ; 2005 )
- French Player Of The year once (2001 )
- 3 PFA Team Of The year (Between 2001–03 )
- 4 FWA team Of The year (Between 2001–04 )
Cesc Fabreagas was another key member Arsene Wenger’s ‘Invincibles’ side. He joined Arsenal from Barcelona youth academy in 2003 before going on to make 303 appearances over eight years.
During his time at the club, he won:
- 1 Premier League title (2004 )
- 2 FA cups (2005 ; 2014 )
- Spanish Player Of The year (2008 )
- 5 PFA team Of The year (Between 2006 –11 )
- 6 FWA team Of The year (Between 2006–11 )
A rock solid defender throughout his career Sol Campbell joined arsenal from Tottenham Hotspur in 2001. He made 197 appearances over five years with them winning:
- 2 Premier League titles (2002 & 2004 )
- 2 FA cups (2003 & 2005 )
- English Player Of The Year (2001 )
- 4 PFA Team of The Year (Between 2001-2004)
- 5 FWA Team Of The Year (Between 2001-05)
Liam Brady joined Arsenal from West Ham United in 1973 before going on to make 307 appearances over seven years. He won a number of titles with the club, including:
- 1 League title
- 1 FA cup
- 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup
- 1 UEFA Super Cup
- 1 Inter Cities Fair Cup
- 2 PFA Team Of The Year (Between1975-76)
- 3 FWA Team Of The Year (Between 1975 -77)